05 Jul Akshay Nanavati: Fearvana: How He Turned Fear into Health, Wealth, and Happiness
Episode 58: Akshay Nanavati
This week on the show, Akshay Nanavati joins me to share his life experiences on how he battled and won over drug addiction, PTSD, alcoholism, and suicidal thoughts. He also shares his different adventures exploring the most hostile and awe-inspiring environments on the planet and how he faced different kinds of fear. I am also sharing the new theme that we will be exploring over the next couple of weeks—adventure and excitement.
Akshay and I discuss:
- What led him to join the US Marines and how he discovered the concept of Fearvana
- How the camaraderie among the Marines attracts young men to join
- How war reveals the best and the worst of humanity
- Overcoming PTSD, alcoholism and suicidal thoughts
- Finding and consuming yourself in a worthy struggle
- Becoming worthy of your suffering and moving through your fears
- His motivation in doing all of his adventures
- What makes life exciting
More about Akshay
After overcoming drug addiction, PTSD from fighting the war in Iraq with the US Marines and alcoholism that pushed him to the brink of suicide, Akshay Nanavati has since explored the most hostile, and awe-inspiring environments on the planet, started a nonprofit foundation and built a business helping people live limitless lifestyles.
Combining his life experience with years of research in science and spirituality, he wrote a book called “Fearvana: The Revolutionary Science of How to Turn Fear Into Health, Wealth and Happiness.” Of the book, The Dalai Lama said “Fearvana inspires us to look beyond our own agonizing experiences and find the positive side of our lives.”