09 May Jeremy Slate: How to profit from the podcast revolution
Episode 79: Jeremy Slate
This week on the show, Jeremy Slate joins me to discuss how it is working with his wife in their business, all about podcasting, and the best way to start your own podcast, grow your audience or use guesting as an effective way to grow you brand and business.
Check out who will receive my giveaway book last week, This Is Marketing by Seth Godin. My book of the week is Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday. Don’t forget to leave a 5-star rating and a review of my podcast on iTunes.
Jeremy and I discuss:
- How Jeremy manages his business now that he has his own family
- Why Jeremy and his wife work well together as partners in business
- From being into ancient history, how Jeremy got into podcasting
- Learning from his first podcast, getting educated about podcasting, and starting a new and improved podcast
- How having a successful podcast opened a business opportunity for him
- Consistency as a key in podcasting
- Finding a different value you can offer that can make you stand out
- Importance of what type of content you are developing
- Tracking your last conversation and having control of the communication
- Is talent required in getting into podcasting
- Great interviewers tend to ask things called the “feel-felt-found” questions
- One of the unexpected things he learned in the world of podcasting is how much some of these people have to give and how willing they are to talk to you
- Getting on as a guest in a podcast can help you find and grab the right niches for your business.
- Podcast as a medium is a great relationship-building tool
- The three key components: Story, Message, Call-to-Action
- When you realize that the only way you can make a bigger impact is by actually training people to do what you’re doing
More about Jeremy
Jeremy Ryan Slate is the founder of the Create Your Own Life Podcast, which studies the highest performers in the world. He studied literature at Oxford University, and is a former champion powerlifter turned new media entrepreneur. Specializes in using podcasting and new media to create celebrity and was ranked #1 in iTunes New and Noteworthy and #1 in the business category, as well as ranked # 78 in the iTunes Top 100.
Jeremy was named one of the top 26 podcast for entrepreneurs to listen to in 2017 + 18 by CIO Magazine, top podcast to listen to by INC Magazine in 2019 and Millennial Influencer to follow in 2018 by Buzzfeed. The Create Your Own Life Podcast has been downloaded over a million times. He’s also a featured writer for Influencive and Business.com, as well as contributing editor of New Theory Magazine and Grit Daily. After his success in podcasting, Jeremy Slate and his wife, Brielle Slate, founded Command Your Brand Media to help entrepreneurs get their message out by appearing as guests on podcasts, and to help podcasters be more profitable.
No Agenda by Adam Curry and John C. Dvorak
The Smart Passive Income Online Business and Blogging Podcast
Entrepreneurs on Fire Podcast
Create Your Own Life Podcast with Jeremy Ryan Slate
The Secret to… Turning Podcast Interviews into Money $$$