03 Oct Jonathon Aslay: What the Death of His Son Taught Him About Self-Love
Episode 94: Jonathon Aslay
This week on the show, Jonathan Aslay joins me to talk about establishing a framework for compassionate dating, when life gets in the way of love, and how to practice self-love.
I also shared how these past weeks had been tough for me and how self-love has been a great part of getting through this period.
Jonathon and I discuss:
- How Jonathon hit rock bottom in many aspects of his life and how he got addicted to the process of online dating
- His investment in personal development and spirituality helped him when he lost his son
- Self-love is like nurturing your soul
- Personal development practice is preparing you not just for the chaos but also how to live in inner peace
- How his humbling moments allowed him the opportunity to discover who he really is
- Grieving with love
- Letting go of the fear of death to enjoy the fruit of life
- Having a minimum of 15 mins a day doing some self-help personal development spiritual practice
- Why he wrote his book, “What The Heck Is Self-Love Anyway?”
- On developing the habit of thinking of the future or thinking about the past
- Getting into nature
- Speaking your truth and doing it with kindness
- What compassionate dating is
- Connecting with other people in a deeper level and focusing on being present
- Being crystal clear about who you are and what you want in compassionate dating
- How technology changed dating in this generation
- Getting to know who you are by not being in a relationship
- When life gets in the way of love/relationship
- Recognizing co-dependency
More about Jonathon
Known as America’s leading midlife dating and relationship coach, Jonathon Aslay is a defender and protector of women’s hearts around the world. He helps women transform from attracting Mr. Wrong into finding their Mr. Right.
Jonathon studies male behavior. He listens to women and what they want when it comes to love. Most importantly, he is gifted at bridging the gap between the two. He started to see patterns in the things women complained about most and those that continually baffled men. Over time, he realized that processing information from both sides and combining them with his own dating experiences enabled him to filter out the interpersonal “noise” that often causes people to invest in someone who is wrong for them.
In addition to his dating expertise and helping women navigate the dating world, Jonathon Aslay is also a leading figure in the self-love department with his book “What The Heck Is Self-Love Anyway?” which is rated 5 stars and has reached the best-selling ranks on Amazon.
In this book you will learn: simple real-life techniques to understand and create true self-love, exactly what it means to really love yourself, and how powerfully life-changing self-love can be, and how to experience it NOW!
A Course in Miracles by Helen Schucman
The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson Eight Dates by John Gottman, Ph.D.
The Hoffman Process
The Secret (Movie)
Becoming Nobody (Movie)
Kyle Benson: The latest research on relationships from inside the love lab
Understand Men NOW with Jonathon Aslay
What The Heck Is Self-Love Anyway? by Jonathon Aslay